spot_img

Trump Selects Robert F. Kennedy Jr. as Secretary of Health and Human Services

Published on

spot_img

President-elect Donald Trump has chosen Robert F. Kennedy Jr. to lead the Department of Health and Human Services, a source told CNN. This controversial pick is expected to test the loyalty of Senate Republicans during the confirmation process.

According to the source, Kennedy accepted the offer on Thursday, with an announcement from Trump expected later in the day. Politico initially reported the selection.

The choice is significant given that Trump’s transition co-chair Howard Lutnick recently said Kennedy would not be considered for the role, a comment that reportedly caused internal friction. Despite this, Trump ultimately decided on Kennedy.

Kennedy, well-known for his stance against vaccines, has gained attention for his opposition to established vaccine science and his advocacy for alternative health measures. He launched an independent presidential bid last year, primarily focused on public health reforms, food safety, and environmental issues, before suspending his campaign and endorsing Trump in August.

In recent statements, Kennedy has pledged to reassess vaccine safety and address chronic disease rates. He has also suggested staffing changes within the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the National Institutes of Health to align with Trump’s vision for regulatory reform.

Kennedy told NPR News that Trump instructed him to “remove corruption and conflicts” from health agencies, restore evidence-based practices, and make tangible progress in reducing chronic diseases within two years.

Source: CNN

Latest articles

Bagbin approves release of MPs A Plus and Mustapha Yussif for NIB interrogation

The Speaker of Parliament, Alban Bagbin, has agreed to release two Members of Parliament...

Mahama sacks GCAA Director-General, appoints Ag. head

President John Dramani Mahama has dismissed Charles Kraikue from his position as Director-General of...

US Ambassador dismisses concerns over 10% tariff, reaffirms strong bilateral ties

In the wake of the Trump administration's recent trade policy shift, U.S. Ambassador to...

World Bank Clarifies: No suspension of projects in Ghana

The World Bank has decisively addressed recent rumors regarding the status of its projects...

More like this

Bagbin approves release of MPs A Plus and Mustapha Yussif for NIB interrogation

The Speaker of Parliament, Alban Bagbin, has agreed to release two Members of Parliament...

Mahama sacks GCAA Director-General, appoints Ag. head

President John Dramani Mahama has dismissed Charles Kraikue from his position as Director-General of...

US Ambassador dismisses concerns over 10% tariff, reaffirms strong bilateral ties

In the wake of the Trump administration's recent trade policy shift, U.S. Ambassador to...

Discover more from The Dot News

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading